Employment Rights for Reservists, Servicemembers, and Veterans
Does This Apply To You?
Federal and state laws provide strong employment rights to current and former members of the Armed Forces, including the federal Uniformed Services Employment & Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and veteran’s preference laws that benefit veterans who apply for jobs and promotions in federal and state government.
Outten & Golden LLP protects and enforces the employment rights of reservists, service members and veterans in individual and class action cases, including in private negotiations, federal courts, state courts, appellate courts, and arbitration.
If you are a veteran, a reservist, or a servicemember, Outten & Golden can help enforce your employment rights, reemployment rights, and benefits, such as:
- The right to be free of discrimination based on your military service or status in hiring, promotions, termination, pay, and benefits.
- The right to be reemployed to your civilian job after serving in the Armed Forces, and the rights and benefits associated with that civilian job.
- The right to receive pension credits or retirement contributions from your civilian employer after you return from a period of military service.
- If you have a service-related disability or injury, the right to have your civilian employer place you in any position that you can do with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- The right to be free of retaliation for exercising rights and taking action to enforce them.
- The continuation of certain employee benefits during your military service.
- When you apply for a job, the right to not be asked about your disability by the employer before you are given a conditional offer of employment.